WhatsApp is one of those platforms that is always working on new features to enhance the user experience. One such feature landed recently, and the internet cannot keep calm about it. Yes, we are talking about the recently launched feature that is the WhatsApp channel, and it can undoubtedly be an incredible game changer. WhatsApp channels allow individuals and organizations to send one-way private messages to their followers. We understand if you cannot wait to jump on the bandwagon. So, without further delay, let’s learn how to create a WhatsApp channel in the easiest possible way.
Method to create a WhatsApp channel on Android.
To create a WhatsApp channel on Android, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, you need to download and install the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your smartphone and go to the update tab.
- Click on the Plus sign, then click on the new channel.
- Then click the get started on continue through the on-screen prompts.
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel, and you can also choose to change the name again at any time.
- After that, you can customize your channel and add your description or do it later.
- Then click on the Create channel button provided there.
Steps to create a WhatsApp channel on an iPhone.
Following are some simple steps that will help you to create a WhatsApp channel on your iPhone.
- Firstly, turn on your WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Then go to the update app.
- Select the Plus sign and select Create Channel.
- Now click on the Get Started button and continue through the onscreen instructions.
- Then, add a channel name to finish creating your channel.
- After that, you can customize your channel by adding a description and icon or do it later.
- Lastly, click on the Create channel button, and it is done.
Way to create a WhatsApp channel using a PC.
To create a WhatsApp channel using a PC, you just need to follow the simple instructions mentioned below.
- Firstly, open the WhatsApp web on your PC and go to the channels by keeping the channel icon.
- Select + sign and then create a channel button.
- Press the continue button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Add your channel name to finish creating your channel.
- Press the Create Channel button, and you are good to go.
What are the key features of the WhatsApp channel?
You always get to see new features on WhatsApp to get a good experience of communication. So, some of them are mentioned over here. You can check it out.
- In the enhanced version, channels are organized for the user based on their respective countries.
- Now, users can easily check with channels that are most active or popular by the number of followers they have.
- You can also see that the feature of reacting with emojis has been expanded by the WhatsApp channel as well.
- Users can now express themselves by using the expanded emojis and reactions.
- Now, the admin can also have the ability to edit their update, and they can change it within 30 days.
Steps to share new updates on the WhatsApp channel.
When you create a WhatsApp channel, you can easily share an update, just like sending a message on WhatsApp. You need to follow the step-by-step information mentioned here to share a new update on your WhatsApp channel.
- Firstly, go to the update tab on your WhatsApp channel.
- Then open your channel.
- Write a message or images and click the send icon to send the update.
- Once you send the update on your channel, it will be published publicly, and it can be seen by anyone on WhatsApp.
Method to join WhatsApp channel.
If you want to join any WhatsApp channel, you need to follow the simple instructions mentioned below, which will help you.
- Open your WhatsApp app on your Android or iPhone devices.
- Then go to the update tab and scroll all the way down.
- Now, on the screen, either click the suggested Channel, click on the fine channel button, click on the plus icon, or see all options.
- When you have found a channel you like, hit the follow button, and that’s all.
- Then, all your followed WhatsApp channels will appear in the update tab. Currently, the channel features are only on your primary Android mobile phone and iPhone device.
Steps to delete a WhatsApp channel.
If you want to delete your WhatsApp channel, you can follow the step-by-step information mentioned here.
- Firstly, you will need to head over to the update tab.
- Click to open the channel you want to delete.
- Press on the channel name at the top.
- Then, on the channel page, click the delete channel button at the bottom.
- Now, on the confirmation page, you will see a red delete button. So click on it.
- Then, you will be asked to type in the phone number that the WhatsApp account is using.
- After entering the number, please tap on the delete button, and it’s done.
- Now, your WhatsApp channel has been deleted.
Which are the top WhatsApp channels to join?
So, the top WhatsApp channel that you can join is mentioned below. You can select from them.
- Apps– WhatsApp, Netflix, and many more
- entertainment and sports– Indian cricket team, WWE, SC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool, ICC, and many more.
- TV media – aaj tak Star sports India, ABP majha and many more.
- Print media – the Times of India, the New York Times, Lokmat, and many more.
- Public Figures – Narendra Modi, Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. How can I get a channel on WhatsApp?
Ans: WhatsApp has launched a new feature, and you can see it in the update section. And is currently live. Update your WhatsApp app to enjoy this feature.
2. Is there any fee required to create and use a WhatsApp channel?
Ans: You can create and use WhatsApp channels for free. WhatsApp does not tell you to pay for creating and using the WhatsApp channel.
3. Can I create a WhatsApp channel for my personal WhatsApp account?
Ans: No, you cannot create a WhatsApp channel from any personal WhatsApp account. WhatsApp is specially designed for the business and requires a WhatsApp business account. So, you cannot create a WhatsApp channel using a personal WhatsApp account.